We’re looking for a self-directed, detail-obsessed, customer service aficionado to join our team as a Bookkeeping Associate.
Elysian Fields is a growing consultancy dedicated to giving ambitious business owners trainings, tools, and services to find success while staying true to their values and beliefs. Our team works both remotely and in person with a results-driven approach. Our clients are a motley crew of inspiring, driven, passionate & compassionate, and interesting businesses covering a breadth of fields of practice.
Our bookkeeping service provides a foundation for our clients, and we aim to build strong relationships, providing information, expertise, and clean books to support their success and growth. In addition to bookkeeping, we offer trainings and services focused on a breadth of business development, all with a focus on humans, happiness, and grounded in social justice and a feminist ethos.
We strive to be thoughtful about how we approach our work and lives, and we believe “work-life-integration” is a better framework than balance, and thus strongly believe in structuring our work and jobs in the direction of happiness. We allow for flexibility in work hours, and we regularly take time during “normal business hours” to spend time with family, take a yoga class, or walk in the woods with a friend, and we balance that freedom by showing up 110% when we are at work.
A successful candidate will manage a diverse range of small business accounts, utilizing Quickbooks online and cloud-based systems and applications, ensuring that our growing roster of interesting and creative small businesses and nonprofits receive clean books and up-to-date financial information on a weekly or monthly-basis. Ideal candidates are organized and clear communicators, both with internal EF team and with clients, and obsessive in attention to detail.
You may not have a traditional accounting or finance background, but more importantly you love to problem solve, work with people, and are excited to serve the small business community and help our awesome clients do their best work by taking care of the behind the scenes bookkeeping for them.
- Managing day-to-day relationships with assigned clients, including communicating proactively with clients and EF team.
- Perform all bookkeeping functions for assigned clients, including entering bills and recording payments; preparing monthly summary reports and supporting in year end report delivery; managing accounts receivable and supporting collections; filing sales tax.
- Communicate and meet with clients regularly to answer questions, troubleshoot, or explain financial information.
- Employ exceptional customer service and communication skills to respond gracefully and punctually to clients and EF team.
- Bookkeepers work independently with the support of EF company and management.
- 2+ years of bookkeeping experience; Quickbooks/QB Online experience required.
- Experience with a range of small business bookkeeping preferred; familiarity with restaurant, retail, and/or food-based businesses a plus.
- Strong analytical skills and excellent attention to detail
- Ability to identify potential problems, analyze issues, and provide proactive solutions
- Exceptional customer service skills, with demonstrated ability to communicate clearly and graciously
- Excellent organizational skills and proven ability to manage multiple projects and prioritize to meet deadlines
- An active interest in supporting the growth and success of a community of mission-driven, interesting businesses
Competitive hourly rate (The average entry level bookkeeping wage in the US is currently $14.05/hr (source: https://www.indeed.com/salaries/Entry-Level-Bookkeeper-Salaries).
We are a looking for someone with more than entry level experience, our starting pay is around $18/hr.
Generally around 30 hours to start for initial training period, with opportunity to grow to full time after trial period of employment. We offer partial remote work ability and flexible work hours, with meetings occurring in person at our co-working space or via video call, and regular co-working hours.
EF offers paid vacation between Christmas and New Years to all employees, regardless of status; Full time employees are eligible for our flexible 2 weeks-to-infinity time off, in addition to company-wide holidays, and part time employees may accrue PTO after a successful initial period of employment. Partially subsidized health and dental plan available for in-state FT employees.
How To Apply:
Please send an email to michelle (at) elysianfieldsphila (dot) com with a single PDF attachment containing your current resume, three references, and a response to this prompt:
Describe your interest in the position and how it would fit into the current fabric of your life. Please use the subject line “Bookkeeping Associate!”
This is an open posting, we accept applications on a rolling basis and notify folks as we have openings.
Elysian Fields is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, age, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression.