Operations & Client Services Lead
A successful team member in this position will use their skill at communication, organization, and their enthusiasm for keeping track of all myriad of moving parts to ensure that our clients and team are well cared for and processes are working smoothly. You will hold the macro view of our systems and processes, as well as noticing when the small things and day-to-day need attention. This is a dual management and execution role, requiring skill at both.
Your work will supports our team's mission of helping leaders approach their businesses in new ways that create a more vibrant, equitable, and compassionate world.
- Ensure client processes are established and that we deliver consistent, great results for our clients. Lead the development and ongoing updates of standard operating procedures.
- Acts as “concierge” for new & existing bookkeeping clients -- respond to questions, send follow up resources, support “air traffic control” and scheduling; work with team mates to get new clients all necessary information and documents.
- Ensures business management processes are established such that team members know what's going on and how to get stuff done.
- Raises and tracks issues and conflicts, remove barriers, resolves issues of medium complexity;
- Tracks performance of bookkeeping team, supporting team members in resolving obstacles and challenges; provides accountability to ensure seamless business execution, reinforce positive morale, and uphold company values.
- Collaborates with Director and Wanderwell team in ongoing team building practices, including building intentional communication pathways and practices.
- Partners with Bookkeeping Team Lead to assess and manage capacity, acting as a bridge between our sales pipeline and our team capacity.
- Keeps Director apprised of operational needs and ensure that strategy is converted into operational workplans.
- Independently manages schedule and workload, proactively keeping up with our internal processes to ensure our whole team is on the same page.
- Solicits and responds to feedback while gaining commitment and support.
Skills & Qualifications
- 5+ years related professional experience, including demonstrated operations and/or complex project management experience.
- You have demonstrated experience and skill at planning and executing beyond the immediate day-to-day, including moving groups of people towards a common goal.
- You have experience in managing others, and a proven track record of building positive working partnerships within a team. Your management approach favors collaboration over hierarchy.
- You are certain to feel masterful when it comes to identifying opportunities and creating solutions to improve our customer service and internal systems & processes. You are someone who jumps to get things done without being asked.
- You have exceptional communication skills, whether in writing, in person, or over the phone/video, and you truly love helping and working with people.
- You occasionally frighten people with your attention to detail and organizational abilities. You have strong task management skills, and demonstrated ability to prioritize & execute with little supervision.
- You are adept at spotting problems before anyone else. You are resourceful and have an aptitude for solving problems proactively and autonomously, while having the awareness to know when you need help.
- You value transparency, experimentation, and growth, continuously seeking to evolve both personally and in your work life.
- We manage work and processes primarily via Google Suite and Notion, with a whole host of other apps. While we do not expect candidates to have experience with all of our applications and technology, candidates should demonstrate ability to learn and adapt to new technology quickly.
Compensation + Benefits
- Approximately 25-30 hours per week to start, with room to grow to full time.
- $25-$28 hour depending on experience (W2 employee position)
- We offer flexible work hours and remote work ability. Preference given to candidates based in the Philadelphia area or NJ, but other well-qualified candidates will be considered. We provide monthly tech stipends and budget for home office and hardware reimbursements.
- PTO offered after initial period of successful employment; all employees eligible for paid time off for company holidays and all team breaks.
- After one year of employment, team members are eligible to receive annual profit distributions.
At Wanderwell, our clients view us as down-to-earth, responsive and results-oriented, and empathetic.
Successful team members at Wanderwell feel excited by the unknown and empowered to proactively problem solve. Our work and culture is open and evolving, and those that find the most success at Wanderwell possess strong self-management skills, while at the same time feeling excited by the flexibility and innovation inherent in our structures.
As such, WW team members demonstrate:
- A strong sense of personal accountability + self-drive
- Attention to detail
- Flexibility and adaptability
- High standards
- Exceptional listening skills
Wanderwell is a queer & woman-led small business consultancy dedicated to giving visionary business owners tools and services to find success while staying true to their values and beliefs. Our team works remotely with a results and relationship-driven approach. Our clients are a motley crew of inspiring, driven, passionate & compassionate, and interesting businesses covering a breadth of fields of practice.
Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis. To apply, please upload a resume, cover letter, and three references* as a single PDF and provide answers to the screening questions using the application form on our website.
We are no longer accepting applications for this position.
Wanderwell is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we strongly encourage candidates from diverse backgrounds, people of color, women, individuals from the LGBTQIAA+ community, and others who identify as a part of historically marginalized communities to apply for open positions.
* We will only contact references for select candidates after interviews, and not without notifying candidates in advance.