We’re looking for a self-directed, detail-obsessed, customer service aficionado to join our team providing top-notch bookkeeping to diverse small businesses.
Wanderwell is a small business consultancy dedicated to giving visionary business owners trainings, tools, and services to find success while staying true to their values and beliefs. Our team works both remotely and in person with a results and relationship-driven approach. Our clients are a motley crew of inspiring, driven, passionate & compassionate, and interesting businesses covering a breadth of fields of practice.
Our bookkeeping service provides a crucial financial foundation for our clients, and we aim to build strong relationships, providing information, expertise, and clean books to support their success and growth. In addition to bookkeeping, we offer consulting services focused on a breadth of business development, all with a focus on humans, happiness, and grounded in social justice and a feminist ethos.
A successful candidate will independently manage a diverse range of small business accounts, utilizing Quickbooks online and cloud-based systems and applications, ensuring client receive up-to-date financial information on a weekly or monthly-basis. Ideal candidates are organized and clear communicators, both with internal WW team and with clients, and obsessive in attention to detail.
Succesful candidates love to problem solve, work with people, and are excited to serve the small business community and help our awesome clients do their best work by taking care of the behind the scenes bookkeeping for them.
- Independently manage day-to-day relationships with assigned clients, including communicating proactively with clients and Wanderwell Team.
- Perform full charge bookkeeping functions for assigned clients, including entering bills and recording payments; preparing monthly summary reports and supporting in year end report delivery; managing accounts receivable and supporting collections; filing sales tax.
- Communicate and meet with clients regularly to answer questions, troubleshoot, or explain financial information.
- Employ exceptional customer service and communication skills to respond gracefully and punctually to clients and Wanderwell, while continually find ways to improve our services.
- Independently manage schedule and workload, proactively keeping up with our internal operational reporting to ensure our whole team is on the same page.
Skills & Qualifications
- 4-5+ years of bookkeeping experience; Quickbooks Online experience required.
- Experience with a range of small business bookkeeping and/or client-based experience preferred.
- Ability to identify potential problems, analyze issues, and provide proactive solutions.
- Exceptional customer service skills, with demonstrated ability to communicate clearly and graciously.
- Excellent organizational skills, attention to detail, and proven ability to manage multiple projects and prioritize to meet deadlines.
- Demonstrated ability thriving in independent work environments with little direct supervision.
- An active interest in supporting the growth and success of a community of mission-driven, interesting businesses.
While there are no particular language requirements for this position, we do have demand for Spanish language bookkeeping services and are always interested in Spanish proficient candidates.
Compensation + Benefits
- $20-$22 per hour, depending on experience
- Position will start at around 20-25 hours/week, with opportunity to grow to take on more clients and hours over time.
- We offer flexible work hours and remote work ability. Preference given to candidates based in PA, NJ, or IL, but other well-qualified candidates will be considered. We work a flexible 9-5ish as a company. Our headquarters is located in Philadelphia
- PTO offered after initial period of successful employment; FT employees are eligible for subsidized health and dental through our company plans. All employees eligible for paid time off during our winter break between Christmas and New Years.
- After one year of employment, team members are eligible to receive annual profit distributions.
At Wanderwell, our clients view us as down-to-earth, responsive and results-oriented, and empathetic.
Successful team members at Wanderwell feel excited by the unknown and empowered to proactively problem solve. Our work and culture is open and evolving, and those that find the most success at Wanderwell possess strong self-management skills, while at the same time feeling excited by the flexibility and innovation inherent in our structures.
As such, WW team members demonstrate:
- A strong sense of personal accountability + self-drive
- Attention to detail
- Flexibility and adaptability
- High standards
- Exceptional listening skills
To apply, please upload a cover letter, resume, and three professional references* as a single PDF and provide answers to the screening questions using the application form below.
This position is closed. Please visit our Opportunities page to see all current openings.
Click here to learn more about our hiring process.
Wanderwell is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we strongly encourage candidates from diverse backgrounds, people of color, women, individuals from the LGBTQIAA+ community, and others who identify as a part of historically marginalized communities to apply for open positions.
* We will only contact references for select candidates after interviews, and not without notifying candidates in advance.