Resilient Business Design
Our work centers people, invests profit in alignment with values, and supports innovative, creative, and passionate owners.
We build successful businesses, while investigating new models for being in business — we’re specialists in asking the bigger questions, and finding the answers that lead to elegant and new solutions.
We partner with leaders like yourself — visionaries, experts, troublemakers, artisans, owners & entrepreneurs — to create healthy business models and holistic structures to drive success while supporting humans. We will ask you as much about your vision for your life as we will about your financials.
If you’ve always been interested in a larger vision, and know that constant work and overwhelm are not the reasons you got into business, you’ve come to the right place. Your business is a model for the kind of world you want to live in.
Let’s work together to build that world.
All in service of supporting a more just world.
Wanderwell integrates financial expertise with an empathic, vision-forward approach, and leads with the belief that businesses can help create a more just world that centers people, community, and the environment.
- We build elegant business structures that support abundance and happiness.
- We believe in creating profitable businesses, and in reinvesting profit to support people and communities.
- We believe that businesses are a tool for creating a more just world: socially just, racially just, economically just.
- We are collaborative, inquisitive, and gently challenging in our approach.
- We empower owners in building healthy foundations and creating businesses with integrity.
- We focus our attention so that we can be generous and unwaveringly present in our work.
- We believe in vacations and lunch breaks and occasional days of playing hooky.
- We work to facilitate inclusive spaces and regularly teach and work within a diverse community of businesses and owners. We have working parents on our team and as our clients, and create spaces where the intrusions and interruptions of life in our modern times are totally normal and accepted.
- We believe that money flows when economic justice is served and systemic racism is dismantled.
Want to receive our emails on radical business practices?
KATE STRATHMANN she/her
Founder & Director, Consultant & Strategist
As the founder and director of Wanderwell Kate has worked with hundreds of businesses, integrating financial expertise with an empathic, vision-forward approach. She leads with the belief that businesses can help create a new paradigm that centers people, community, and the environment.
An artist and insatiable reader & researcher with a punk heart, she's known for balancing empathy and openness with sharp analysis. An expert in translating big, creative, passionate ideas into sustainable reality, she honed fierce negotiation skills over years living in India; learned the true meaning of the buzzword “sustainable” while organic farming in Minnesota; and has developed an intuitive, flexible approach to her work with over twenty years of yoga study practice.
Read more about Kate
LAURA DILL she/her
Bookkeeping & Financial Services
Laura has spent most of her professional career in financial services. The main focus of that being estate, trust, and investment planning, with some time spent on small business accounting as well. She spent many years guiding individuals and business owners along the path of managing the dollars they earn, wisely spending the dollars they use, and carefully planning and investing for the future ahead.
Laura lives in rural Illinois with her husband, daughter, and two sons. In the sunshine of summer, she enjoys gardening and improving her golf game, though most of her time is spent at the baseball field cheering on her son’s team.